This is currently our smallest breakout board for the 3DR Solo accessory bay port. If you choose the ‘no mounting hole’ version, the board is smaller than the connector!
Only the most common ports are broken out to a 10-pin 0.1″ header. Those pins are:
- 3DRID (USB ID pin)
- USB GND
- USB D-
- USB D+
- +5V (See note below)
- BATT (See note below)
- PWM6 (factory not-connected)
- PWM7 (factory not-connected)
- PWM8 (factory not-connected)
To use the PWM signals, which do not come connected within the Solo by default, you must open your Solo and solder wires between the mainboard and accessory port board on pins 14, 18, and 19. A tutorial can be found here.
Note for 5V/BATT pins:
The 3DR Solo accessory bay limits the total power available on these pins. Click here for a full explanation. The relevant parts are:
4.75V to 5.4V voltage pin for USB device. Maximum combined current off bus (pins 17 and 19) is 1.05A (fuse: ST890DTR). Maximum combined power 5.7W.
This Nano-board connects both pins 17 and 19 to the +5V pin (pin 5), and as such can deliver a maximum 5.7W on the +5V pin.
12V to 16.8V. Maximum combined current off bus (pins 15 and 30) is 1.1A (fuse: 1812L110/24DR). Maximum combined power 18.5W.
This Nano-board connects both pins 15 and 30 to the BATT pin (pin 6), and as such can deliver a maximum 18.5W on the BATT pin.
- Your choice of headers: None, Kit, or Installed (note that when selecting ‘kit’ from the options bar, the picture does not show the headers. Rest assured they are included!)
- Header gender: Male/Female
- Mounting holes: Comes with screws to secure the breakout board to your Solo. These screws should be hand-tight only (5 ft-lbs max). It is recommended to apply a small amount of medium strength threadlocker, such as Loctite 242, to the screw prior to installation.